Dubai Trade graduated more than 300 CTLP and CCB professionals
posted on Sep 16, 2015
Dubai, 15 September 2015: Dubai Trade, the online gateway for trade and logistics services in Dubai, has graduated today more than 300 Certified Trade & Logistics Professional (CTLP) and Certified Customs Broker (CCB). It also signed MOU with The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) - International which based on it the Certified Trade & Logistics Professional (CTLP) has been internationally recognised as a programme as well as exempted graduates from one unit if they decided to continue their education with CITL International.
The agreement was signed between Eng.Mahmood AlBastaki, CEO of Dubai Trade and Jan Steenberg, Chair of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport International Education Standards committee with the presence of Jon Harris, International Professional Development Coordinator at CILT and Steve Cross, Board Member of Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) in UAE.
Before handing out the certificates to the graduates, Dubai Trade CEO, Eng. Mahmood Al Bastaki delivered an opening speech and congratulated the graduates: “Our congratulations to all the graduates, who have shown remarkable keenness to stay up-to-date with the latest supply chain and cross-border business concepts to ensure smoother trade and commerce for our region and eliminate process errors.”
Ms. Poornima Raveendran, Logistics Coordinator, gave a thank you speech on behalf of the graduates and said: “I believe that CTLP is an ideal and beneficial programme for anyone who is interested in upgrading his content knowledge in trade and logistics. It also helped me a lot to get accepted in my current job. I would take this opportunity to thank Dubai Trade and especially, the professional lecturers for giving us this great chance to learn and be more confident at what we are currently doing.”
- CTLP is a comprehensive and progressive vocational training programme that covers the end-to-end process of import and export in the UAE and the region. More information www.ctlp.ae
- CCB is a new professional course for the trade and logistics community that provides an insight into the Customs laws and regulations in Dubai. More information www.ccbpro.ae
- Dubai Trade won for the third consecutive year the “Training & Education Provider of the Year” award from the Supply Chain and Transport Awards 2015 (SCATA).
- CTLP was first launched in 2011 and CCB launched last April 2015.
- More than 1200 CTLP graduates since its inception.
- We had trainees from outside the UAE such as from US, China, Japan, Colombia, KSA, Brazil, Oman, and Iraq
- CTLP is accredited by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) in Dubai and is endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport – International.
- The programmes are provided every month at Dubai Trade training halls with the capacity of 30 trainees per class. A 40 classroom hours is delivered as an intensive format over one week as well as in two-weeks of evening sessions.
- Courses are available in both Arabic and English depending on demand.
- Test is online-based now.
- This year we have launched a new platform where candidates can get access to course resources, Extra reading materials and engaged in discussions. This platform can be accessed through desktops and using Smartphones by downloading a special application
- Candidates can easily enrol in the courses by visiting the programmes’ websites where they can book the convenient schedule and pay online.
About Dubai Trade:
Dubai Trade is the premier trade facilitation entity that offers integrated electronic services from various trade and logistics service providers in Dubai under a single window. It underlines Dubai’s position as the ideal base for trading across borders with its unique geographical location, excellent infrastructure and seamless processes across the private sector and government agencies. Dubai Trade Portal (www.dubaitrade.ae) offers a remarkably seamless business flow and has proven to be cost effective for clients using it as the single window which integrates the online services of DP World, Economic Zones World, and Dubai Customs.
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport is a worldwide organization with an established International pedigree. With over 33,000 members working in over 100 countries, the CILT spans the globe. It is an organization that offers significant benefits to all its members, as well as a complete suite of educational courses internationally.
Follow Dubai Trade on:
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/company/dubai-trade
PR& Communication Consultant
Tel:+971 4 4518 636