Arconics Unveils AeroDocs Enterprise, Nextgen Airline Document and Compliance Management Software
posted on Apr 6, 2016
06 April 2016 - Hamburg, Germany
Aviation software company Arconics today reveals its nextgen document and compliance management software at AIX 2016.
AeroDocs Enterprise - Collaborative XML authoring, controlled digital document distribution, compliance management, enterprise security. A module of our Connected Aircraft Platform, the hardware-agnostic software solution for airlines that delivers the best user experience in the cockpit (EFB and document viewing), in the cabin (wireless IFE) and in Ops Control (document and manual authoring distribution).
The ultimate nextgen document creation and management solution is the leading choice for airlines that demand the the highest standards of consistency and compliance across the enterprise, and into the paperless cockpit. AeroDocs has been specifically developed for airlines that want to implement a controlled document authoring distribution system across the organisation, with complex workflow, user management and security needs. AeroDocs Enterprise harnesses the power of the nextgen digital document format, XML. The advanced Author module enables the fast creation of complex documents in XML format. Collaboration and consistency are integral and everything is so easy to control. The AeroDocs Distributor module delivers XML manuals and documents, and also distributes PDFs generated from any source. Regulatory compliance is made easy by nextgen AeroDocs, which has advanced regulation-tracking functionality as well as detailed workflow records and audit trails. AeroDocs manages the controlled distribution of documents to the correct people and groups. All distribution actions are stored for audit purposes. Integral to this solution is the world-leading AeroDocs Viewer, which enables fast viewing of controlled documents on iPad and Windows Surface tablet (web viewer also available).
- The creation of complex XML documents is simplified in an intuitive web editor that enables policy makers and subject matter experts to easily edit, review and approve documents.
- Collaboration among teams helps to boost productivity.
- Automated creation of indexes, tables and front-matter speed up complex document creation and prevents errors in the revision cycle.
- Standardisation can be enforced across all documents with policy controls
- Document readers get the best user experience with enhanced search and annotation capability.
- Tracked digital distribution enables the transition to the paperless cockpit and operations.
- Effectivity management allows the easy creation and maintenance of aircraft-specific manuals.
- Pilots get fast document access, with lightning-fast scope search, across the digital library.
- Pilot experience is central to the AeroDocs Viewer - annotations and highlights are stored.
- Up to 40kg less weight per flight (Vs paper EFB), delivering significant fuel savings across the airline.
- Greater fuel economies bring environmental benefits.
- Regulatory compliance and audits are made easier, with records of all controlled document distribution.
- Can be delivered as a fully hosted solution or installed on premise.
AeroDocs is on display at Aircraft Interiors Expo (AIX) in Hamburg, Germany, 5-7 April 2016. Please visit stand 4E10, Hall B4, IFEC Zone to find out more about the multiple benefits that AeroDocs can deliver across the airline.
Media Source: Arconics