Dallas Fort Worth International Airport Unveils Apple Watch App and New Features in Mobile App
posted on Feb 28, 2016
DFW Airport becomes first U.S. airport to launch Apple Watch App
(DFW AIRPORT, Dubai – February 28, 2016) – Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport has released an Apple Watch app, becoming the first U.S. airport to support the Apple Watch platform. The DFW Apple Watch app, launched together with an upgraded version of the DFW Mobile App, provides flight information and notifications on the Apple Watch after it is synced with the DFW Mobile App on a smartphone. The DFW Mobile App, developed by M2mobi, also received an update that features six additional languages including Korean, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
“More than 90% of DFW passengers are carrying smartphones and want information regarding their travel instantly,” said Sean Donohue, chief executive officer of DFW Airport. “The DFW Mobile App and our new Apple Watch app allow us to provide customers real-time information tailored to their particular journey, and another example of how we are leveraging the use of technology to provide an overall customer experience that is warm welcoming and efficient.”
DFW unveiled its all-new version of the Official DFW Airport Mobile App in November 2015 with customer experience enhancements that allow users quick and easy access to the Airport information they need such as flight information, parking and services and by placing that information within easy access.
The robust DFW Airport Mobile App and Apple Watch app are designed to reduce the stress of the traveler. This is accomplished by focusing on the traveler’s basic needs through the intuitive wayfinding functionalities, interactive maps, personalized flight information, and simple yet powerful search capabilities.
Additional DFW Mobile App features include:
- News and weather alerts on the home screen
- Enhanced Flight Search with autocomplete functionality
- Easily sign up for DFW's Airwire newsletter
- Access to DFW’s official social media channels
The Official DFW Airport Mobile App and the DFW Airport Apple Watch App are part of a growing portfolio of advanced technology products and services provided by DFW Airport, designed to:
- Create a better travel experience by helping customers find a parking spot quicker and easier with DFW’s Parking Guidance System in the Terminal D and Terminal A parking garages.
- Transition international travelers more quickly through Customs with DFW’s Automated Passport Control system. A majority of DFW customers now use automated means to process through Customs when arriving at DFW.
- Provide clear and easy directions with DFW’s patented Wayfinding touchscreen displays deployed throughout the terminals, allowing customers to easily find their way to Airport restaurants, shops, amenities and services.
- Make their time in the Airport more productive and enjoyable through DFW’s fast and free AT&T Wi-Fi, which is available throughout all five terminals.
About Dallas Fort Worth International Airport:
Dallas Fort Worth International (DFW) Airport warmly welcomes more than 64 million customers along their journey every year, elevating DFW to a status as one of the most frequently visited superhub airports in the world. DFW Airport customers can choose among 153 domestic and 56 international nonstop destinations worldwide. DFW is elevating the customer experience with modernized facilities and updated amenities, as well as through a $2.7 billion Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program to renovate its four original terminal buildings. Centered between its owner cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, DFW Airport also serves as a major economic generator for the North Texas region, producing over $37 billion in economic impact each year by connecting people through business and leisure travel. For current information about DFW International Airport, visit the DFW Airport web site, download the Official DFW Airport Mobile App for mobile devices, or follow DFW on social media.
Follow Dallas Fort Worth International Airport On:
Media Source: AVIAREPS